Who is Eligible and Can Benefit from Lifetime Care Hospice?
- Individuals with a terminal illness and a life expectancy of six months or less
- Patients with a treatment plan that is comfort-oriented (palliative) rather than disease-oriented (curative)
- Those with someone who is available and willing to function as his or her primary caregiver
- Lifetime Care provides hospice care to residents of Monroe, Wayne and Seneca counties
- Nursing care for pain and symptom management
- 24 hour emergency on-call support for patients and families
- Education for primary caregivers
- Home Health Aides for personal care as needed
- Counseling and referrals for resources from medical social workers
- Pharmacy services for equipment, supplies and medications
- Inpatient care for short-term acute symptom management and respite
- Consultation with a dietitian
- Volunteer assistance
- Pastoral care and emotional support
- Bereavement services for family and caregivers
Support for the Family
Hospice also offers pastoral counseling to help families carry out faith-related rituals that are important to the patient. The Hospice chaplain uses a network of community clergy and lay chaplains to meet these needs within the patient's and family's faith tradition.Hospice social workers help families solve problems they may face during this difficult time. Sometimes the family may need to talk about the loved one’s illness and the anticipated loss, or how to best use their personal resources.
Hospice volunteers offer support and encouragement during times of stress. They have received specialized training to prepare them to assist Hospice patients and families.
Hospice Care in the Home and Home-like Settings
Lifetime Care introduced hospice care in our community more than 35 years ago and delivers passionate caring in the home, in skilled nursing facilities, and in our Elizabeth G. and Jennifer J. Hildebrandt Hospice Care Center on the Unity Park Ridge Campus.
Hospice Days of Care Provided in 2018
|Care at Home||32,462|
|Comfort Care Homes||3,017|
|Nursing Homes Care||64,232|
|Hildebrandt Hospice Care Center||2,635|
|Total Days of Care||104,534|
At Lifetime Care, we do not turn a patient away because of inability to pay or lack of insurance coverage. We accept:
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
We also work with other insurers and third-parties to cover our Hospice services.
For more information about Hospice Care from Lifetime Care, call (585) 214-1000.